- 500g filleted freshwater king salmon
- 200g raw sugar
- 150g coarse sea salt
- 0.5tsp of dried manuka leaf or dill
- Mix sugar and salt thoroughly, then spread evenly over base of pan.
- Place salmon skin side down and leave in refrigerator for 10 hours.
- Turn fillet over and place in fridge for another 10 hours.
- Remove fillet from pan and gently wipe dry with a kitchen towel, brushing off any remaining sugar and salt. Slice thinly.
- Tip: For some extra oomph, splash some vodka or whisky into the salt-and-sugar mix.