- 2kg greenshell mussels
- 30mL olive oil
- 100g shallot, finely diced
- 50g garlic, thinly sliced
- 330mL apple cider
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100mL cream
- 50g butter
- 20g parsley, roughly chopped
- Clean mussels and remove beards.
- Place a large pan on a medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and shallots. Cook gently until soft but not coloured.
- Add mussels and turn to a high heat. Add cider and cover with a lid to steam.
- The mussels will take 4-8 minutes to open. Remove mussels and place them into a serving dish as they open to prevent them from being over-cooked and turning chewy.
- Once all mussels have been removed, add lemon juice, cream, butter, parsley and bring sauce to the boil.
- Pour sauce over the opened mussels.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread to soak up the sauce at the bottom.