- 375g standard flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 75mL rice bran oil
- 250mL tepid water
Marinating the lamb
- Lightly trim rumps, making sure to leave small amounts of fat on the meat.
- Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, garlic, shallot and 1 tsp of red yeast powder into an even paste.
- Place rump in container and coat evenly with paste. Add all remaining paste and seal container.
- Marinate in fridge for two days.
Making the pancakes
- Mix flour, salt, oil and water together and knead into a ball. Cut into 16 equal portions and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll out each piece to roughly 15cm in diameter and place on hot pan. Turn over after approximately two minutes or when bubbles start to form and then cook on the other side for another minute.
Roasting the lamb
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Place lamb on tray and bake for 20 minutes. Retain remaining marinade.
- Remove from oven to baste with marinade. Turn over lamb and bake for a further 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- Mix remaining 1 tsp red yeast powder with honey and small amount of water to create a thick paste.
- Remove lamb from oven again and baste with honey mixture. Place back in oven for a further 10 minutes at 200ºC.
- Take out of oven and leave to cool.
- Pat lamb dry and slice. Place on pancakes with garnish and hoisin sauce.