- 6 to 8 slices (or 2 cups) of day-old bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil
Yoghurt caesar salad dressing
- 1 large cos lettuce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Baking the croutons
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, toss bread pieces in olive oil.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray. Bake until golden, around 15 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure they bake evenly. Leave to cool.
Making the yoghurt dressing
- Mash anchovies with the back of a fork until they resemble a paste.
- Mix all of the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl. Add water to adjust consistency, if required.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
Assembling the salad
- Separate cos lettuce leaves and chop.
- Place lettuce leaves in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing over them.
- Toss to coat the leaves in dressing. Sprinkle croutons and parmesan cheese over the top.