- Turn block of tofu on its side and slice in half. Lay tofu flat on chopping board and cut into smaller blocks for frying.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and honey together until combined. Place tofu slices onto a rimmed plate and pour soy sauce mixture over the top, coating tofu on all sides to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Cook noodles according to the instructions on packet. Drain and rinse to cool.
- Heat oil on medium heat in frying pan. Fry tofu on all sides until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Heat water in a small pot and blanch vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same pot, mix miso and doubanjiang into the boiling water. Add cooked noodles and bring to the boil, allowing broth to infuse into the noodles.
- Place noodles in a bowl and pour hot broth over the top. Place tofu and vegetables on top. Garnish with sesame oil and Japanese shichimi powder, if desired.