- 350g swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 30g butter, at room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon peel
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the butter in a small bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mash together. Set aside.
- Put olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and heat over a medium heat. Once oil starts to ripple, add swordfish steaks to pan and cook for three minutes on one side. To get it nice and crispy on the outside, resist the temptation to move the steaks around.
- Flip the swordfish over and cook for another two minutes. Transfer the fish to plates. Leave the pan to cool slightly for five minutes.
- To make the salmoriglio sauce, place the butter mixture in the same pan. Heat until it bubbles gently, while stirring and scraping off any of the flavourful brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle salmoriglio over the fish and serve with your favourite vegetables and greens.