Dill yoghurt mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup organic coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tsp purewasabi paste
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 to 4 gherkins, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp dill, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g Aoraki cold-smoked salmon slices
- one packet of crackers, preferably wholegrain
- a handful of chives, cut into 3cm lengths
Making the yoghurt mayonnaise
- Spoon coconut yoghurt into a small bowl and stir so that it is the consistency of sour cream. Add a tablespoon or two of water, if necessary.
- Add the rest of the yoghurt mayonnaise ingredients to the same bowl, and stir to combine. Let it stand for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
Assembling the appetisers
- Lay out the crackers on a serving dish.
- Remove salmon slices from the packet and cut each salmon slice in half.
- Put a dollop of mayonnaise onto each cracker, taking care not to spill it over the side.
- Drape a salmon slice over each cracker and top with a length of chive.